This page last modified 7/06/2019
- This page contains a few photos of local Phoenix-area layouts that are PRIVATE — i.e., that are NOT listed on the home page. (The links to club-layout photos and other layouts-open-to-the-PUBLIC are on the Home page.)
SECTION A. PRIVATE LAYOUTS – HO GAUGE
- Mesa: Layout #JG2 – Great Union Pacific scenery & wall murals
SECTION B. PRIVATE LAYOUTS – O GAUGE
- Phoenix: Paradise & Pacific’s 2/24/2019 tour of 4 private layouts
Video of same 4 layouts: vimeo.com/326023735
SECTION C. PRIVATE LAYOUTS – S GAUGE
- Valley Of The Sun S Gaugers: 2014 S Gauge Meeting Photos
- Prescott Valley: Photos from 3/9/2019 Prescott Valley Tour (3 layout, 1 S/Sn3, 1 Sn3, and 1 gigantic supermarket-sized HO layout). Video of same 3 layouts: https://vimeo.com/328112450
(More Phoenix S gauge photos are on the Valley of the Sun S Gaugers website at Sgaugers.com)
- Tucson: Rick Wheeler’s Sn3 Layout, toured 5/4/2019: Photo Album | 5/4/19 Tour Video on Youtube | Same 5/4/19 video on Vimeo | Earlier “on-board” video by ‘bobntrains’
SECTION D. PRIVATE LAYOUTS – LARGESCALE
- Mesa: Layout #JG1 – 2 levels, running on EagleWings Iron Craft modules, featuring 14′ long ‘Hell-Gate’ bridge.
- Mesa: Layout #RS1 – Layout built on raised 3-foot high “island”.
- Phoenix: Layout #GS1 – This layout has a 4-track main line (3 largescale tracks and 1 standard gauge) built on Eaglewings Ironcraft modules, and includes a unique Eaglewings Ironcraft rotating bridge section.
- Phoenix: Layout #KM1 – Whiskey Flats Railroad , 900 feet track, 100 feet long, travels through 5 log tunnels.
- San Tan Valley: Layout #WS1 — completely fills rear yard.
- (distant) Dragoon AZ (180 miles southeast of Phoenix): Layout #DC1 — Dragoon Mountain Scenic Railway, dmsry.blogspot.com – Dirk Carmichael’s record-setting, unbelievably huge, G ga outdoor layout-under-construction.
SECTION E. — PRIVATE LARGESCALE LAYOUTS-DISMANTLED
- Chandler: Layout #WN1 (since dismantled): Bill N’s “Westerwald Reich Bahn” German-themed layout.
- Mesa: Layout #DS1 — Palo Verde and Southwestern Railroad – Dennis Sirrine’s huge outdoor layout, built by the owner of the Rancho De Tia Rosa restaurant.
- Scottsdale – Sold – Jim Bruner’s Largescale Layout #JB1 has an indoor overhead Largescale layout, and a lower-level O gauge layout. The Largescale overhead structure, track, supports, train, and power pack is for sale. (Jim’s contact info is in the photo album.)